Review, Reflect, Resolve, Spring 2022
- What do you not want to experience on the last day of school?
- What strategy would you employ to make that day better?
- What can you give the school in thanksgiving for the privilege of serving?
- Instead of overcoming adversity, how does a Christian learn how to live with it? Write out your three biggest takeaways.
- What kind of impact can adversity and suffering have on a Christian leader? Write out your three biggest takeaways.
- What do you anticipate as the most difficult part of practicing restorative practice?
- How will you explain this process to observers or staff?
- What variables should you anticipate as you implement restorative practice?
- What life issues are the students in my classroom experiencing, and how can I (or we!) address them?
- How can I incorporate each of the nine foundational life units in my classroom and curriculum?
- As a school, do the actions, policies, and language we use purposely uphold and confess the sanctity of life? If not, what should we change for the benefit of our students and families?
ECEnet: What about Life? Rejoice in the wonder of God’s creation
- What other unique aspects, besides fingerprints, can students observe?
- How could a class follow the development of a child before it’s even born? Is there a way to celebrate the growth and arrival of a new sibling?
EncourAGEnet: Fear: The COVID Symptom No One Talks About
- What role does peer pressure and the media play in creating fear?
- What tools do you use to manage your fear? How can your students and friends use these tools?
- What happens to fear when people cannot physically be together? Does “virtual” solve or create fears? Why or why not?
ETnet: Restorative Justice
- What are ways your students could connect to the wrongs done in this situation?
- Howdoes giving back to a community build a healthier community?
What about Life? The importance of forgiveness
- Saying “I forgive you” is life-affirming. What other life-affirming phrases could be used in addition?
- Life issues are often surrounded by, and sometimes beget by, guilt and suffering. How can you affirm Christ’s forgiveness and human value in other ways?
LDnet: Tips for Effective Conversations with Parents
- With whom do you anticipate needing to have a “conversation” before the end of the school year?
- What needs to happen to successfully conclude that conversation?
- To whom can you go if you need help with the situation?
LEADnet: Restorative Justice
- What guidelines can you prepare that will include restorative justice practices in your discipline standards?
- How can you hold the offender accountable for personal behavior and accountable for the work in making things right?
MIDnet: Restorative Justice
- How can discipline by giving back to a community build a healthier community?
- Can you see this working in a larger community?
What about Life? All human life is important
- How can these gifts be depicted artistically in art class? How could students create poetry based on the value of life established in creation?
- How could discussions based on fairness be used to validate life?
PEN: Keeping High Schoolers Engaged
- What are your goals for your youth ministry?
- What are some of the “unexpected” places where you have found faith growing?
- What efforts do you intentionally make to help students with their worldview?
SECnet: Restorative Justice
- What other circumstances would benefit from age-appropriate restorative justice discipline?
- How can you help students be accountable for the work in making things right?
What about Life? Have honest conversations with youth
- Which life issues are most prominent in the lives of your students?
- How might you address these issues in your classroom from a Gospel-motivated perspective?
Restorative Justice: A Theology of School Discipline
Meeting Parental Expectations in the Age of Accountability
Fountains of Faith and Knowledge LEA Convocation 2008
What's in Your Suitcase
Fantastic Field Trip-Stop 3: The Food Court
Be-All and End-All
Eyes, Minds, and Hearts LEA Convocation 2019
Out of Your Tree